Wednesday, September 7, 2016

WOY - Party Animal



I've been watching more of Wander Over Yonder lately, and I'm absolutely in love with Wander's faithful steed/best friend Sylvia. She's some kind of bipedal horse-lizard thing, but something about her really attracts me. I think it's mostly her no-nonsense personality, which contrasts well with Wander's Looney Tunes-esque antics. When I saw her "party girl" outfit from the episode Party Animal, I just had to draw it. It's like the slutty transformations I love so much on characters like Sonic and Spike, except this one is canon (even if she did only wear it to get closer to the episode's bad guy).

Anyway, I wanted to experiment with a more human shape for Sylvia, especially in the typical areas of interest. I've seen artists keep her more on-model and have it work, and maybe I'll try drawing her that way one of these days, but for now I wanted to establish my own take on her. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to draw her more usual design non-party this way.

To those of you wondering, even though I'm still in season one, I am aware of Lord Dominator. I will probably be drawing her eventually, but she already gets a ton of love and I wanted to do Sylvia first.

4 comments:

  1. Try to do an attack on titan at least once i'd love to see how it turns out hoefully it happens but anyways thx for all the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta make a front view please please please anther

    ReplyDelete