Sunday, July 17, 2016

NHML - Delilah



So we got to the second month of doing a "Near Hentai Monthly Lady" (good god that name is cumbersome). This month's pick was Delilah from Gate, an anime I'm aware of but have never seen. I ended up doing some research on it for this pic, and seeing a little bit of the show, and I don't think it's anything I'll want to be watching anytime soon. It's filled to the brim with cute anime girls with some really lovely designs (which is dangerous for me), but the show's tone and atmosphere seem very mean-spirited and bitter. Even the scenes I watched that were meant to be happy or humurous rubbed me the wrong way, I just can't imagine enjoying a show like this.

Delilah here has two main designs she appears in during the anime; a waitress and a warrior. Of the two designs I decided to use her waitress one, since it seems she uses that look more often in the show, plus I thought it was cuter and offered more reasonable set-ups for a pic. The show's cast is split mostly between cute JRPG characters and military characters, so I paired her up with four faceless military guys.

For some reason I'm having trouble getting started on the NHMS. I've started drawing it four or five times and keep scrapping what I come up with. Hopefully I'll be able to wrap something up before the end of the month, but it may have been a mistake to try and do two features like this.

If you would like to nominate a lady for next month, feel free to start at any time. I'll be compiling the list of nominees, and like this month I'll do the raffle on the first of August. I look forward to seeing who's nominated this time around!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice picture. Don't know the anime, but the design is rather cute.

    As for the NHMS, I'm really looking forward to that picture, seeing as Zidane was my choice, but if you can't force yourself to do a picture, just ain't got the motivation, I say skip the raffle for the next month in that category to give yourself more time to finish the picture. If you don't the pictures you'd have to do would collect.
    That's just me saying this though, maybe get some differing opinions on that.

    As for my nomination for the NHML for this month, I'm going to go with Buddy again, from the indie-rpg LISA.
    Last month I said I didn't care which of her design you use for her, but this time I'm going to be a little more specific, as I'd love to see more of her in the attire she wears in the DLC LISA: The Joyful.
    Here's the sprite
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lisa-rpg/images/b/bf/Buddy4.png/revision/latest?cb=20150909154133
    And this is an artistic rendition of her I've always liked, though artists tend to draw her with noticable lips as well, which I've honestly never understood
    http://66.media.tumblr.com/53f56468a3df677438d8e809b3cb40d6/tumblr_nttrclLgKB1qfyp9io1_r1_500.jpg
    If you prefer to draw her in her normal attire, that she has at the start of the game, then so be it, although I've always preferred her character as it is portrayed in the Joyful. For the most part of the main game she was more of a MacGuffin than anything else.

    Also, I don't know if you're aware of this, but Patreon has finally made it possible again to support ponographic patreons via PayPal. Meaning that, if I finally get a job with enough income, I will definiatly support you with 1 to 5 dollars. Hell, maybe more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I don't know anything about LISA, when I was looking up Buddy last month I remembered thinking her later design was a lot more distinct and recognizable. If she wins the lottery that'll most likely be the design I use.

      I'd heard about the Patreon news! Any support you'd like to give is more than welcome!

      Delete
  2. How about her rimjobbing a guy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will also re-nominate my choice, which is Olympia, the Psychic Gym Leader from Pokemon XY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *deep breath* breakfast princeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss.

    ReplyDelete