Thursday, June 23, 2016

NHML - Princess Peach



Those of you who have been following the blog for a long time know I used to be a part of WWOEC, before it went down. Some of you may have even found me there originally. Well, back then I used to participate in a monthly feature called the WWOEC Woman of the Month. It was a fun thing, where every month several artists would put out work of a specific character, and anyone who participated got to nominate next month's girl. The selection process was random from the characters nominated, but the idea was that the Woman of the Month would be someone who might be a bit obscure, but who the nominator thought needed more artwork. I loved doing it every month, as I got introduced to a lot of new characters/shows that way, and it was fun to draw characters who hadn't had much artwork done of them already. Sadly, WWOEC did go down, and if a similar system was set up on a different site I never saw it (though I admit I didn't look very hard).

I thought it might be fun to try something similar around here. Since this is a blog only focused on my work, though, and not a community of artists, we had to do things differently. I'm caling it the Near Hentai Monthly Lady because... well, I have to call it something. So at the start of June I asked you guys to give me a bunch of women you'd like to see more of, and I was pretty happy with the nominations I got. I put the list into a random sorter, and through that process the June 2016 and first ever NHML was Princess Peach of Nintendo fame. While not the most obscure example, I do really like Peach and I thought it was interesting to note that the only other time I've drawn her was for the WWOTM.

I had been toying with the idea of doing Peach in a position like this for a while, so I ran with the idea. Bowser was a late addition, as she was originally just hanging there. I thought the picture needed something more than that, so I threw him in there, and I think his inclusion helps make Peach look less bored, and more fucked to the brink of exhaustion. All in all I'm pretty happy with the first NHML, and I'm psyched to do more.

So here's where I lay some ground rules. Every month I will take nominations from you guys, my followers, on any women you want to see featured. I would prefer they be women with not much art done of them, but I'm not going to be super picky about this. For this month I allowed people to nominate more than one lady, due to the short notice, but in the future if you post more than one name I'm only going to count the first name on your list. Sorry, but it just seems more fair that way. On the first of July I'll run the compiled list the same way I did for this month, and announce in the cBox who next month's lucky lady is.

It occurred to me while I was working on this that I didn't have to stick with the same rules as WWOEC. That site ran a feature just for women, but around here there's a very mixed bag of content, so I'm going to try running the Near Hentai Monthly Shota as well. Same rules apply, so if you want to nominate any kind of shota (teens and such still count), I'll run a parallel selection and try to draw the winning boy next month as well. Feel free to nominate people for both drawings, just one character per category.

Nominations can be made in the comments here, in the cBox, or by email if you'd like (Nearphotison2010@yahoo.com). While I'm not enforcing any rule that the nominees have to be obscure, they do have to be characters I either haven't drawn before, or if I have it's only been once or not in a few years. If you nominate Gohan for the NHMS, for example, I will not include him in the selection process. That defeats the purpose of this little game. This is your chance to finally get me to draw some of those characters you've always wanted me to, but I always seem to ignore your suggestions. I look forward to seeing who you all nominate for July!

15 comments:

  1. I have a GREAT idea on which girl im nominating next. One of my favourite characters from my favourite video game who sadly gets little to no art at all.
    I forgot to mention her when you took suggestions last month, but I will now suggest her every month because I REALLY REALLY want to see more pics of her. And in your style as well.

    Also, I like this picture a lot more than I expected. Peach has been done a lot, so I'm kind of bored of her, but I always love seeing her with Bowser. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made quite a few mistakes in that comment, how shameful.
      Well, it's probably because all the blood in my body was transported into my penis.

      Delete
    2. It seems you forgot to mention her here as well.

      Delete
    3. I was going to write the nomination into the chat box, but it's not showing up for me right now.

      My nomination for next month is:
      Buddy from LISA: The Painful/LISA: The Joyful. She has two different appearances, one being more innocent and child-like, the other being more tomboyish and damaged. Which of the two you'd draw is up to you, if she gets chosen.

      Delete
    4. I don't know why it disappears sometimes. The cBox is finicky like that. Nominations here in the comments are just as valid, though, so Buddy's on the list.

      Delete
  2. Well given that the Teen Titans comic won't be back for a while, I would like to see u do Raven, or maybe Seras Victoria from Hellsing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to nominate Esmeralda. Doing a Gypsy dance on Frollo's dick. Or w/e you want to do is fine with her too ;D Banging the gargoyles or Quasi or the tower is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominate Delilah from Gate: The JSDF Fought There. Here's Sao Satoru's rendition of her: http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51414087
    http://www.mangahere.co/manga/gate_jietai_kare_no_chi_nite_kaku_tatakeri/c040/20.html
    http://www.mangahere.co/manga/gate_jietai_kare_no_chi_nite_kaku_tatakeri/c025/36.html
    http://www.mangahere.co/manga/gate_jietai_kare_no_chi_nite_kaku_tatakeri/c025/38.html
    Those Bunnytail pubes get me hard everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killua! Or Gon, either one. They're both cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She look a bit chubby and her eyes expression are kinda off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this is your definition of chubby, then you have some pretty unrealistic body standards.

      Delete
    2. Weird facial expression indeed

      Delete
  7. Breakfast Princesssss

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suggested this in June, but I would like to nominate Olympia from Pokemon XY. There's like nothing of her. I know this is just suggestions, but it'd be nice if she was full nude, or wearing very little, because most of the little fanart there is has her 99% clothed, with just the crotch exposed, which is something I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Mario, but our Princess is getting violently plowed in another castle! LOL!

    ReplyDelete