Friday, June 10, 2016

Near Pokédex F124 - Jynx



So I'm going to be attending an anime convention over the weekend, so in order to have an update I made sure to get this Jynx ready before I left town. I had been wanting to take a stab at Jynx for a while, after all she is the "Human Shape" Pokémon, and she has a few design elements I thought would translate well into a more human shape.

It is funny to me, however, that she got the "Human Shape" distinction, when even in first gen we had Pokémon like Hitmonchan and Mr. Mime that seemed much more human-like. I guess they probably didn't have a clear idea of what Jynx was supposed to be in the context of Pokémon (honestly, I think they still don't). Apparently her Pokédex entries mostly focus on her twerking, which is weird as well. I am glad they changed her coloring to purple, though. Not only does it make me more comfortable to use her now that she resembles less of a racist caricature, but honestly the purple skin is just sexier than the solid black she used to have.

Anyway, like I said before, I'll be gone through Sunday. I don't know how much work I'll be able to get done while I'm gone, nor do I know if my hotel even has free WiFi. It's possible I may not be around much in the cBox or to reply to comments, though if I can I certainly plan to check in whenever I can. I'm getting home Sunday evening, so I'll be back to work as usual by Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Have a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them dick sucking lips! Awesome, I hope you have fun at the anime Expo, are you going to the one in LA? If so I'm sad I can't attend this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm going to a small one in Kansas City.

      Delete
  3. Ever thought of doing Mankey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought of a lot of things! ^_^

      Delete