Saturday, May 7, 2016

Near Pokédex F100 - Voltorb

One thing about trying to do a Pokédex like I've been doing is that there are a lot of Pokémon that, beyond not having a humanoid body, don't have any sort of body at all. I wanted to take a stab at morphing one of these, and Voltorb seemed like a good one to use. Voltorb's design is pretty simple, but I thought it would be fun to continue their coloring pattern down to their limbs, sort of like if they wore gloves and socks. I'm pretty happy with the results, and I look forward to trying a similar approach with Electrode some day.

I've been very happy with the response in the Pokédex poll, and I plan to do a few of the more popular options soon. I have Eevee (female) in-progress already, and I have some fun plans for Gardevoir (male) and Mewtwo (male) as well.

One thing of note, when I posted a male Ninetales earlier their was some concern over not doing that Pokémon as a female. I imagine Gardevoir will probably get a similar response whenever I post that one, but I want to assure everyone that no Pokémon is exclusive to one gender (other than possibly the ones with only one gender in the games, I'm still deciding on that). Sooner or later Ninetales will get a female entry, as will Gardevoir. Similarly, Eevee, Pikachu, etc. will also get male entries, I hope.


  1. Well done near, any news as to when the next trip to the past comic is coming? Really looking forward to that one... ;)

    1. Probably a year or two from now.

    2. Haha. Keep it up ��

  2. rage meter over 9000

  3. I bet she explodes at the climax xD