Thursday, April 7, 2016

Near Pokédex F001 - Bulbasaur



More like Bulbawhore, amirite?

I've been wanting to try something like this for a long time, now. I've always thought it would be fun to try and adapt the Pokémon into an anthropomorphic design, and here recently I finally realized that concept with a series I'm calling "Near Pokédex", because I'm so terribly original with names.

Now, even though I'm starting with number one in the Pokédex I want to be clear, I have no intention of just grinding through the Pokémon in order. Bulbasaur seemed like a good place to start, but I'm probably going to jump around the Pokédex quite a bit. I'm under no illusion that I'll ever finish this series (or even make a dent in the actual number of Pokémon), especially since I would like to try doing both male and female versions (hence the "F" for female in the number). Right now, my plans are to do females of the first gen starters, then maybe the yellow starters Pikachu and Eevee. After that, I'll just play it by ear.

I don't know right now how frequently I'll work on this project, I think it will depend a lot on people's interest. So, if you'd like to see more Pokémon like this, let me know in the comments and I'll put more focus on getting out some other ones. Feel free to suggest which Pokémon you'd like to see, too.

13 comments:

  1. Nice i would have loved to see her from more angles, a female machoke could be funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something I plan to do right away, but I think if the series does well I might try re-using some of the more popular designs in other settings, maybe even a short comic or two.

      Delete
  2. Male charmander would be really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humanoid pokemon are horrible. Please never do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash don't need pokeballs to catch a pokemon, he uses his own balls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you realize how many Pokemon there are? You're looking at around 1400 pictures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intention of doing them all. Even if the number seemed feasible, new ones are still coming out all the time.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. On Friday my laptop, the one I do all my work on, went kaput. Since then I have been unable to do anything but sketch on paper, but I may have found a good solution to allow me to start posting content again as soon as tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Sweet, It's been a while and i'm addicted to your art, so I check here everyday for my daily dose of Nearphotison. Kid tested mother approved ;3

      On a srs note, that sucks D: What's wrong with it? The battery perhaps?

      Delete
    3. That's very flattering. :)

      The power jack was knocked loose some time ago, and I foolishly ignored it until it no longer recognized the AC cord at all. When I took it in, additional damage was found, and now we're playing phone tag with the manufacturer to try and get replacement parts (mostly the frame).

      Delete
  7. Damn, I ignored this cut in my laptops power cord and a few weeks later I kept smelling something burning, and I never checked until I got super annoyed and I looked at it and the fucking thing was sparking! Almost burned my freaking house down because it was on carpet.
    Just goes to show you gotta take care of every little thing with computer/laptops in general.

    I hope you get replacement parts!

    ReplyDelete